Doolan Wagner Family Lawyers provide trusted divorce and family law advice and assistance to people on Sydney’s North Shore.
Are you looking for an Accredited Family Law Specialist lawyer on Sydney’s North Shore? Doolan Wagner Family Lawyers are pre-eminent family law solicitors you can rely on.
For more than two decades our family lawyers have been assisting couples with their family law matters.
Our family lawyers’ expert experience and skills are recognised by the Law Society of New South Wales through its Accredited Specialist Scheme.
We are family law services are expertly placed to assist you in relation to all family law matters including:
- De facto relationship matters
- Same-sex relationship matters
- Financial/property settlements
- Parenting matters (including pertaining to assisted fertility issues)
- Child support & Child Custody
- Strong court representation
- Assisted reproduction technology and Surrogacy
- Some of the Issues Our Clients Face
- Do you know the difference between Divorce and separation?
- What about the difference between a property/financial settlement and a Divorce?
Believe it or not, although the words are often used interchangeably each of these matters is a very different legal issue with different ramifications. We can help you understand the differences and guide you through the family law process as it applies to your particular circumstances.
- Did you know that until recently the law treated couples living in a De Facto arrangement very differently from couples who were married?
- Did you know that the date of your separation can affect how the law applies to you?
If you’re living with someone else and you’re uncertain about your rights, we can help you work out what you’re entitled to.
- You’ve probably heard a lot in the media about the recognition of same-sex relationships and same-sex marriage.
- Did you know that in recent years there have been significant reforms to the Australian legal framework which have allowed better recognition of same-sex couples and their children?
If you’re contemplating separating from your partner and you’re uncertain about your rights or responsibilities or how this may affect your children, we can help you understand your entitlements.
- Have you used assisted fertility procedures to help you have a family?
- Have you used a surrogate or donor to help you create your family?
- Do you know what your rights and responsibilities are? Do you know theirs?
- Do you know how your child legal rights may be affected by assisted fertility issues?
Family Law Accredited Specialists are required to undertake continued learning specifically in respect to issues relating to family law. Our divorce solicitors are well-positioned to advise you in relation to all family law issues. We will provide appropriate legal assistance to you as you navigate this difficult new terrain.
- Do you know what factors influence the calculation of child support by the Child Support Agency?
- Do you know what changes in your or your former partner’s circumstances would allow for a change to the child support assessment?
- Do you need a Binding Child Support Agreement?
- Did you know you can be paid child support for a child aged over eighteen years of age if they’re still attending school?
Our highly experienced family lawyers are well versed in respect of the “rules” pertaining to child support and can provide you with clear advice on your rights and responsibilities in relation to all aspects of child support.
Why Choose Doolan Wagner?
We understand that people are often worried about involving themselves in what they fear are complex and expensive legal processes.
We will give you clear and concise legal advice and guidance.
We are a specialist firm located conveniently in St Leonards on Sydney’s Lower North Shore. Visiting us is relatively stress-free and will help you avoid the congestion of Sydney’s CBD and the North Sydney Commercial Precinct. We are an easy 15-20 minute drive from Hornsby, Ryde, Gladesville, Chatswood and St Ives and there is ample street parking nearby. We are also only a short 2-3 minute walk from St Leonards train station. There are regular trains from Central, Hornsby and Epping. St Leonards station is a major stop for various local buses.
Affordable Family Lawyers North Shore
And as a smaller firm, we don’t have the same overheads as some of the larger “city-based” firms.
We understand that families facing a family breakdown are often facing added financial pressures as well. We do our best to keep your costs down by offering highly competitive rates. Our competitive fees don’t mean you will get anything other than top-quality legal advice and assistance because we promise that you will not just be a file in a cabinet to the family lawyers at our firm. We believe in giving all of our client’s personal care and attention.
Also read: How Much Does a Divorce Cost?
We also recognise that often clients may be confused about what the “real” or “live” issues are. Knowing how best to approach obtaining appropriate legal solutions in their divorce and separation is important. As a firm that only practices in the area of family law, our family lawyers have the level of experience that clients are looking for to assist them to face their separation, divorce and other family law issues with confidence. We can get to the “heart” of your matter quickly and won’t waste your time or money focusing on issues that don’t matter.
We will guide you through every aspect of your family law matter, from the first stages of legal planning to the finalisation of your family law matter. It is our view that no matter how complex or simple your matter appears to be, it is essential to obtain early legal assistance from an experienced family lawyer (preferably an Accredited Family Law Specialist) so that you can get the answers you need. This will enable you and your family to positively move forward with your lives. It is very important that you have a clear legal plan prepared prior to engaging in any family law processes, whether it be approaching the negotiating table or filing an Application in Court. We can help you with developing your legal strategy and assist you throughout the family law process.
Expert Divorce Lawyers North Shore
We know that our help can put you in the best position to secure the optimal outcome that works for you and your family.
Our Accredited Family Law Specialists are skilled at negotiating the often challenging family law setting. Their approaches, together with their sensitive and personal service and support, will put you in the best position free from uncertainty and unnecessary worry.
Whatever your circumstances are, we promise you that we will handle your matter with your personal circumstances at the forefront of our minds. We will listen to you to ascertain your wants, needs and concerns so that any advice we provide to you is tailored to your specific needs. We are not afraid to adapt our methods and approaches to suit your family’s needs and can either provide a sensitive approach or strong court representation, depending on your needs.
We have family lawyers who have had extensive experience in the collaborative law process and are collaboratively trained. By being able to engage in a more collaborative legal process in the majority of our family law matters we attempt to enable our clients to have the utmost input and control over their matter. This approach also allows independent professionals to contribute to the legal process to ensure that the parties will have the most appropriate, effective and positive outcome possibly achievable in their matter. And it also helps keep our client’s costs down because we will do our best to settle matters by alternate dispute resolution mechanisms such as negotiation, roundtable settlement conferences, mediations and arbitrations.
If you’re still not convinced we can help you, perhaps reading some of our client testimonials will set your mind at ease…
Take the Next Step…
Facing issues in relation to intimate family or relationship matters can be stressful, daunting and worrisome. These matters have the potential to affect your emotional wellbeing, as well as have a substantial effect on the wellbeing of other family members and your finances. Obtaining timely specialist family law advice, guidance and support in relation to all family law matters will set you on the best path forward.
If you live or work on the North Shore of Sydney and:
- are experiencing a relationship breakdown; or
- need advice regarding your family’s circumstances; or
- want to know more about your rights and responsibilities; or
- just need to know where you stand…
We can help you because Lisa Wagner & her family law team is made up of highly experienced Accredited Family Law Specialists and highly regarded registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners. So, take the next step and call us on 9437 0010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how we can help you.
These posts are only intended as an overview or comment on current issues that may interest you and are not legal advice. If there are any matters that you would like us to advise you on, then please contact us.