Divorce Lawyers Northern Beaches, Manly, Balgowlah & Forestville

Are you thinking of separating and want to know where you stand?  Separated and wanting to know what your rights are?  Looking for the best family law representation a stone’s throw away or in a convenient location?

If you are separating, separated or thinking of separating and want easy to understand information from a specialist family law firm, then read on.

Doolan Wagner Family Lawyers provide expert divorce and family law advice and assistant to people on Sydney Northern Beaches including Manly, Balgowlah & Forestville.

Looking for an accredited family law specialist on the Northern Beaches?

Doolan Wagner Family Lawyers are trusted family law solicitors you can rely on.  For close to three decades our lawyers have been assisting people in Sydney’s North Northern Beaches, Manly, Bowgowlah & Forestville with their family law matters.

Our family lawyers expertise and skills are recognised by The Law Society of New South Wales through its Accredited Specialist Scheme.

Our Services

We are expertly placed to assist you in relation to all family law matters including:

  • Property Settlements
  • Divorce
  • De-facto relationship matters
  • Parenting matters
  • Spouse maintenance
  • Same-sex relationship matters
  • Child support
  • Mediation
  • Collaborative Law
  • Strong court representation

Why Choose Doolan Wagner?

Engaging a lawyer can be a daunting step.

You may be worried about their fees.  Uncertain that you will be treated as “just another case” or that they simply won’t understand all the issues that are important to you.

These feelings are normal.  In fact, thinking this way is to be expected especially when so much is at stake.

We understand this.

To us, you matter.

Our principal Lisa Wagner is an accredited family law specialist and has been looking after separating couples and helping them achieve good outcomes for nearly 30 years.

Lisa and the team at Doolan Wagner understand the issues that you face.  We are aware that Manly and its surrounding areas of Balgowlah, Forestville, Collaroy and neighbouring suburbs reflect a changing demographic.

We have assisted young couples to manage their separation, the payment of private school fees for their children into the future.  We have assisted in separating couples of teenage children identifying appropriate parenting arrangements and securing flexible parenting plans that will work for them now and down the track. Lisa believes in what she does and as a result, you can trust that we will do for you what we say we will do.

If you are looking for a supportive, accessible and easy to understand family lawyer then we are right for you.

We will not make promises that we cannot stick to.  We will, however:

  1. Answer all your questions
  2. Have the time to “reality test” your options
  3. Clearly explain to you each alternative as it arises
  4. Be pro-active in securing the earliest and the best settlement for you
  5. Talk in plain English
  6. Be transparent with our charges

In brief, we commit to delivering every one of our clients a quality and professional service which is personal and real.

Our family law team is small and close-knit.  Each of our lawyers is specially trained.  They also hold degrees in associated disciplines such as psychology, economics and education, as well as their legal training.  In addition, many of our team either have completed a Masters Degree in Family Law or are currently undertaking Masters courses of study.  Family law is a vocation for our professional staff and not just a job.

Additionally, we have dispute resolution practitioners and lawyers also trained in collaborative family law practice.  We have a breadth and depth of experience that we employ each day to benefit you.

We can quickly get to the heart of the matter and not waste your time and money on the issues that don’t count.  Located in St Leonards on Sydney’s lower north shore we are in close proximity to Sydney’s northern beaches and Sydney’s north shore.  A simple 20-minute car drive from Manly, Balgowlah and Forestville.

We offer the added benefit of anonymity.  Engaging a lawyer outside the suburb where you live or work ensures that your privacy is protected.

So where to from here?

If you are wanting to know where you stand?  or  If you are truly contemplating separation?

If your spouse has walked out or you are thinking of leaving the home or if you have separated and now need to get things sorted then take the next step…

We offer an obligation-free confidential consultation at short notice and outside of business hours if required.  We can take the hassle out of the situation you are facing and make it easier.  That we can guarantee.

If you have recently separated or have a Family Law enquiry, please contact us on (02) 9437 0010 or enquiries@familylawyersdw.com.au to discuss your matter in complete confidence. We have a team of experienced and caring professional family lawyers available to help you in this difficult time.

These posts are only intended as an overview or comment on current issues that may interest you and are not legal advice. If there are any matters that you would like us to advise you on, then please contact us.

Find out how we can help you

Personalised advice with no obligation
Call us on (02) 9437 0010

Do me and my partner have to physically separate or can we be separated under one (1) roof?

You can still be separated even if you live under the same roof. You will be considered “separated” if you live separate lives, for example if you do not spend time together socially and you sleep in separate bedrooms.  The intention to separate must be communicated to the other person.

How can I give my former partner some of my super as part of our property settlement?

There are two (2) ways you can transfer a portion of your super to your former partner, that is either by way of a base amount split or a percentage split. A base amount is a set monetary amount for example, superannuation entitlements of $50,000. Whereas, a percentage split is an identified percentage of your superannuation entitlements for example thirty five (35%).

What is the difference between a parenting plan and Parenting Orders?

The biggest difference between a Parenting Plan and Parenting Orders is that Parenting Orders are binding and enforceable by a Court and a Parenting Plan is not. A Parenting Plan evidences an agreement of an intention between parents about matters relating to the children.

What happens if we cannot reach an agreement through mediation?

If an agreement is not reached at mediation, then you are able to try other processes such as arbitration or continue with private negotiations. However, if that is unsuccessful, then you may need to seek Orders from the Family Court.

I am concerned to go to Court because of the history of family violence. What can I do?

There are many services available outside of Court that can ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone, including children.

What is a property settlement and am I entitled to a property settlement if we never married?

A property settlement is the formal division of property owned and acquired during a marriage or de facto relationship. A de facto relationship is defined as a genuine relationship with another partner for a period of at least two years. The Family Law Act gives legal rights to those in a de facto relationship, including disputes regarding children and property settlements.

I have separated with my partner, do I have to go to Court?

No, you do not. Simply separating with your partner does not automatically mean that your matter will end up in Court. In reality, approximately ninety-five percent (95%) of all family law matters settle outside of Court. There are many other avenues you can take to achieve an agreement.